Friday, February 9, 2007

Winter Sowing - the booty (in the boot)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Boot is a trunk in UK English - blaim my dad)

I have returned triumphant from a prowl around town on plastics pickup day. Right away, I took a bottle out and prepared it for use not thinking too much about the best technique. Here is the series for your amusement:

I decided on some tomatoes (for the challenge) and Kholrabi to start. More to come.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Out to the snow with you!

Better techniques can be found in the following posts:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wtrsow/msg0123014311072.html
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/canwtrsow/msg090058254989.html

Looking forward to seeing how this experiment turns out.

For Part 1 on Winter Sowing

Official Wintersown Website



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your article on winter sowing, I went to the website that you have linked on your blog. I think that I shall try it. We live in a warmer part of Ontario than you, although in the last two weeks, one would never know it. I've just retired and have time to try all these things. Keep up your blog, it is really very well done.
Janet--Belle River, ON