Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Frost Watch 2007 - Day 1

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bleeding heart - pretty picture interlude.

I hastily covered my row with a winter blanket. It got soggy in the rain and squashed the plants.
They recovered.

Tonight, the optimistic forecaster - the Weather Network - is calling for a low of 12C. The less optimistic one - Environment Canada - thinks 6C. I think the difference is in who is predicting for a clear night and who thinks rain.

I've covered the bed with some foamy packaging material, and the polytunnel support with some light weight plastic, weighted down with soil. Tomorrow I have to get the real heavy duty stuff. I will also be adding a second layer of protection.

Stay tuned. I'll post pictures.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous photo of your bleeding heart. I sure hope the temperatures don't dip down too cool tonight.

Wicked Gardener said...

I love the north and always think I want to move back up there . . . until I see posts like this one! Burrrr! I'll send warm thoughts your way!!!