Optimistic Gardener Warning
So I have done my research, and come up with a plan that involves:
- Growing seedlings in a heated tray
- Prewarming the soil in my raised bed with 6 mil plastic
- Surrounding the plantings with stone mulch
- Fertigating - supplying a slow drip of compost tea or the like directly to the plant
- Low tunnel during the worst of the season
- Digging them up to overwinter inside if possible.
Under this will thrive a crop of mini bell peppers, and some italian frying kind (to be purchased), as well as the elusive northern eggplant.
Right now they are just seeds.