"Someone pathologically obsessed with plants to such an extent that it interfers with normal life functions."
- Can spin almost any conversation toward gardening. Example 'Yeah, I am really interested in the continental literature too, did you know that the French were amoung the first to originate the Biointensive Gardening Technique.'
- Commenting on plants in unlikely places such as doctor's offices, romantic dinners (floral arrangements), children's birthday parties, during labour...
- Getting joy out of corrupting others, especially children by giving them plant related children's stories. I recomment 'The Gardener.'
- Having a drawer full of seeds, a bookshelf full of gardening books, and every available light source with green straining toward it.
- Seeing your life as split between 'gardening' season, and that other boring one.
- Driving down the street at 60 when you suddenly stop, back up, pull over and point out to your non gardening partner that there is a Bleeding-Heart root that had been thrown into the woods and was in bloom (scale, 40 foot trees, inside 10 foot chainlink fence 4 feet was a 10 inch plant that I managed to see) and that you just had to take some home. So you take your snow scraper and a plastic bag for the rescue. Or some other plant focused, mildy dangerous yet innovative venture.