Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bad Tomato Mommy take II
Green Thumb Sunday

You should always cage your tomatoes properly so that they have good air circulation which lowers the chance of disease, and keeps your fruit off the ground so that no critters take a bite, and frankily caged tomatoes take less space.


If you happen not to get around to doing this until later in the season, you may resort to less elegant solutions...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


... for example, smushing them together in an impromptu fence made of plastic trellis and parts of a plant stand... you might do this... but you shouldn't.


P.S. The tomatoes did recover but next year, I vow not to bother with those puny so called tomato cages. My robust babies need better support.

Want to see more tomato abuse?

Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this advice.
Sara from farmingfriends

Unknown said...

I just have to go out into my own backyard to see other examples of tomato abuse... lol. So you're not the only one! :)

Whyite said...

Don't feel too bad about it. I did the same thing to half of my tomatoes. Next year I will try to do better.